The New Mexico Film Foundation in partnership with the New Mexico Women in Film, announces a new Stage Reading series through its Tale Writers Screenwriting program. New Mexico screenwriters will be invited to submit a variety of script formats and genres to NMFF. Our professional team will select which work will be performed by professional directors and actors. The readings, which will occur approximately every 3 months , will each have a specific format.
In all cases do not, DO NOT, DO NOT put your name on the title page of the script. Scripts are sent to the judges anomously and you are assigned a unique id number when you submit. If we recieve your script with you name or any other identifying information on it, it will be immediately disqualified.
Screenwriters Stage Readings
First 10 pages
If you can’t grab the reader in the first 10 pages, your script goes in the trash. This exersize emphasizes the elements needed in the first 10 pages to keep the reader reading.
Submissions are now closed.
Shot in New Mexico
Submissions begin February 1, 2018 through March 30, 2018
Send us a script for a short, feature or pilot that can be shot in New Mexico
Submission date TBA
Write a feature whose target audience is children
Judging Criteria for spec scripts
- TITLE does the episode title reflect the theme of the show?
- FORMAT is this correct formatting and timing for the show?
- CHARACTERS do the reoccurring characters actions reflect the series?
- NEW CHARCTERS are new characters in line with series?
- DIALOGUE is it in line with the series?
- PACING does the script read naturally from scene to scene and keeps the momentum going?
- BUDGET is the episode in line monetarily with the series?
- LOCATION does the script incorporate both regular shooting locations and some new ones?
- QUALITY is this episode in line with the “feel” of the show?
For a great article on writing spec scripts check out How To Write a Spec Script
Below is a list of shows you can write your spec script for. When you submit your script you will be asked which show you selected via a drop down list. You will also be asked to explain why you chose that show.
How I met your Mother
Law and Order SVU
Two and a Half Men