Download complete rules 2017 stage reading script submission rules
The deadline for the first phase of this Stage Reading program has passed. We had 31 submission. Thanks to all who participated.
- A qualified entry shall consist of the first ten pages of a feature script or pilot, plus the cover page.
- Only put the title of the script on the title page. Do NOT put your name or address on the title page or anywhere in the script. Doing so will disqualify you.
- The competition will accept entries (electronic only) beginning August 1, 2017
- Entries must be received electronically on or before August 31, 2017 5pm Mountain time
- There is no fee to submit
- You must be a New Mexico Resident to submit
- 3 scripts will be selected for stage readings in Albuquerque and 3 scripts will be selected for stage readings in Santa Fe
Rules and Eligibility
- Competition eligibility is limited to scripts which have not been produced or optioned, and which have not won any other competitions. Absence of a title sheet disqualifies the entry.
- Submitted scripts must be original screenplays, and will remain the sole property of the applicant(s). All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be owned by the entrant at the time of submitting. Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned or the work is in the public domain.
- Material should be submitted in its proper format, font, spacing and margins. Proper formatting standards can be found at https://www.wgfoundation.org/screenwriting–library/faq–writing–resources–2/#4, which has a link to The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, where a free, downloadable guide may be found.
- You must be 18 years of age or older at time of submission.
- All entries must be in English.
- You may only submit one script.
- All entries must be uploaded in PDF format. The title of the PDF document must be saved in the format (Screenplay Title by Author First and Last Name) For Example – A Beautiful Mind by Akiva Goldsman.
- If a submitted screenplay becomes optioned, produced, or purchased before the end of the judging period, that screenplay will no longer be eligible.
- Registration of script with the Writers Guild of America, and copyright registration of the work, are the sole responsibility of the writer and are strongly recommended.